Winterset Huskies – Winterset High School
Athletic Hall of Fame By-Laws
The Winterset High School Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes and honors those former athletes, coaches, teams and others who have made significant contributions to the athletic programs of Winterset High School and to the growth and success of Winterset athletics while educating our current athletes about the history of Winterset athletics.
HOF Committee Membership
The current Athletic Hall of Fame committee includes the following members:
- Three current head coaches
- Three community members
- High school athletic director
- Alumni board member
- Booster club member
Categories for Nomination
- Athlete Any former athlete who has distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics while a student-athlete at Winterset High School, as well as character and citizenship during and after graduation, will be considered. Post-secondary athletic success will also be a consideration for induction, in addition to his or her high school career. Nominees for the Athletic Hall of Fame will have graduated a minimum of five years prior to being nominated.
- Coach Any coach who meets the nomination criteria may be nominated for the Athletic Hall of Fame. Nominees for the Hall of Fame will have been retired five years prior to being nominated.
- Teams Any state championship team that meets the criteria of the Athletic Hall of Fame will be automatically inducted five years after the championship was won.
- Contributors Any individual who has made outstanding contributions to the interscholastic athletic programs at Winterset High School, other than coaching or playing, may be considered.
Click here to download more information
and nomination form.