Your Alumni Board recently met and I want to provide you with information from that meeting.
1. Winterset High School Homecoming is scheduled for Friday, September 19th. We will have a table set up near the main entrance and are asking alumni to register so we can determine the number of alumni attending Homecoming. There will be board members available to answer questions you may have about your organization and also provide information on becoming a member of the Winterset Alumni Association if you are currently not a member.
2. The Covered Bridge Festival will be held the second weekend of October. Alumni are invited to attend the all school reunion Saturday evening, October 11th from 5-9pm at the Jackson Building which is on the Fair Grounds. Food and beverages will be available for a small donation. This is a great opportunity to visit and reconnect with members from your graduating class and other alumni. See you there.
3. Saturday afternoon of the Bridge Festival there you can come to the alumni welcoming center located in the Farmers and Merchants State Bank Community Building. Time is from 1-4pm. This is a ideal place to rest and relax from your festival activities. Snack and drinks will be available.
4. We are looking for individuals willing to serve on the Alumni Association Board. We meet four times a year and our mission is to maintain relations with alumni as well as develop supporting projects for the schools in Winterset. If you are interested please contact me at my email which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The Husky will begin being offered electronically beginning with the issue in September. Please sign up for this service as it will help offset production costs of the Husky. Information has been provided in previous issues of the Husky and we hope you have already signed up for this service. If not, please do so.
6. We are asking classes who have reunions to provide the Association with updated address for your classmates. Street and email addresses are the only way to keep the data base of alumni up to date, so please consider this request.
Until next month please remember to keep in contact with classmates, plan your next class reunion, support WHS and remain active.