The Winterset Alumni Association was organized in the Spring of 1988 when the Winterset Alumni Association Board of Directors submitted the bylaws to the Winterset Community Educational Foundation who adopted and ratified them. The Winterset Alumni Association, therefore, became a division of the Winterset Community Educational Foundation.
Current Board of Directors
President: Rod Beem, WHS 1964
Vice President: Jim Smith, WHS 1970
Secretary: Linda Kelly, WHS 1970
Treasurer: Connie Miller, WHS 1966
Tom Bass, WHS 1956
Marilee Burk, WHS 1985
Marilyn Fairholm, WHS 1955
Randy Henry, WHS 1982
Paige Henry, WHS 1987
Linda Johnson, WHS 1956
John LaFratte, WHS 1973
RoxAnn Rhoads, WHS 1973
Jennifer Stover, WHS 1990
Judy Trask, WHS 1964
Jim Van Werden, WHS 1958
Records: Billi Jo Hartman, WHS 1991
The Husky Editor: Carol Bassett, WHS 1977
- The Board of Directors shall have general supervision and control over the affairs and funds of the Winterset Alumni Association and shall establish and carry out policies and activities of the Winterset Alumni Association.
- The President of the Board of Directors shall be the chief executive officer of the Winterset Alumni Association and shall be an ex officio member of all subcommittees. The President shall preside at the meetings of the Winterset Alumni Association.
- The Vice President shall preside at meetings of the Winterset Alumni Association in the absence of the President or at the President’s request.
- The Secretary shall perform such duties as is customarily performed by the Secretary of a Board or as shall be prescribed by the Directors. The Secretary shall be responsible for recording the minutes of all meetings of any of the committees and shall be an ex officio member of all subcommittees. In the absence of the President or Vice President, the Secretary shall preside at the meeting of the Board of Directors.
- The Treasurer shall perform such duties as are customarily performed by a Treasurer of a Board, or as shall prescribed by the directors; shall collect all dues and other funds of the organization; shall disburse all monies of the Winterset Alumni Association in accordance with the instructions of the Directors; shall keep full and accurate accounts; shall present financial statements.
- The Ex officio Director is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Winterset Community Educational Foundation and shall be an ex officio director of the Winterset Alumni Association. The ex officio director shall not be considered in determining the existence of a quorum and shall not vote on matters before the Board of Directors.